The Breast Care Unit Appeal – to create a specialist area at Nobles Hospital Isle of Man
Our targets for 2018
- We have been asked to furnish another Patient Quiet Room at Nobles Hospital.
- We plan to improve facilities at Airport Patient Quiet Rooms.
- We are happy to announce that we will be helping Nobles Hospital with their new Acute Oncology Service. We are to fund the Off Island Remote Oncology Support through the Clatterbridge Cancer Centre.
- The Charity has developed and funded the new Patient Transfer Leaflet
- The Charity also funds the Breast Screening Leaflets for the Islands Breast Screening Service and has recently developed a Breast Awareness leaflet.
- The Charity has offered to help with the refurbishment of the new Chemotherapy/Oncology Ward at Nobles Hospital.
- The Charity is fundraising for a Gamma Probe.
What we achieved in 2017
Patient Quiet Rooms at Ronaldsway Airport and John Lennon Airport
The Isle of Man Patient Transfer Service sends over 24,000 patients and their careers through Liverpool John Lennon Airport every year.Airports can be difficult places for sick people especially if flights are delayed or cancelled. So we decided to raise funds for these Quiet Rooms. Which are now up and running not just for Breast Patients but for all Patients using the Island Patient Transfer Service.